Friday, November 28, 2003

People at work think I'm pretty good at the old computer lark - not exactly a guru, but someone who knows one end of a keyboard from the other. Considering I work at a large data centre filled with computers and computer technicians it's probably a compliment. I have to confess I messed up my computer last night.

I tried to install linux on my pc which already has win98 installed. I wanted to have a dual boot system so I could mess around in linux and still use win98 for most of the time. The first thing I had to do was repartition the primary hard drive so I had some space to install linux. So I used FDISK. And I picked the wrong option, hit enter and had to format my drive. Bummer, I thought, but no worries, I have a backup. Yes, and no. I had missed certain important files when backing up. So I've lost all my mail. And the linux install didn't install the way I wanted it to. Grrrr...

I just had to get that off my chest. Catharsis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home