Thursday, November 27, 2003

For the record, I am not gay. I don't know why I have to point this out, but I do. Of late a few people have assumed I was gay, which I'm not. It kind of annoys me, but not for the reasons you are probably thinking.

Imagine several people implied, assumed or straight out asked if you collect stamps. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have any reason to dislike stamps, and I don't, jolly useful things, especially if you are sending a letter. I just don't collect them. Can't see the attraction in them.

Coins, on the other hand, are a different story. I have a coin collection, but I don't have enough money to collect really nice ones, but I quite like the coins I have. Even when I was young, before I knew what coins were really for and before I had any experience with money, I quite liked coins. I didn't know why I liked them, I just did. I like most coins, silver ones are my favourites, but I like copper and gold coins as well. New coins are nice and shiny, but older coins with a patina to them are more interesting. Mmmm. Coins.

So let me state clearly that I am not a philatelist, OK? Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home