Saturday, May 02, 2009

Are you Chris Parkes?

When I came in to work tonight there was an email waiting for me, addressed to Chris Parkes, informing me that I was responsible for the executive summary of some project I had not the faintest clue about. Of course, it wasn't for me, it was Chris Parkes who lives in Ireland, works for HP and sometimes gets my emails, as I get his.

A few years ago, I saw a show called 'Are You Dave Gorman?' in which Dave Gorman travelled around the world meeting as many people with the same name as his to establish whether or not Dave Gorman is a common name.

I've often wanted to do the same. Google you own name, if you haven't already, and you are likely to find a strange collection of individuals with your name. Some of mine are fascinating. Nuclear physicists, Reiki healers, butlers, football managers, sound engineers. Chris Parkes really is a fascinating fellow. I hope to meet him one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home