Sunday, May 10, 2009

And another one, this time with nightness

Out to the club again, for our regular night flying event, in which we take turns to fly some night circuits. It's a great night, and good fun all round. The general idea is three club members and an instructor take a club aircraft out, each club member taking it in turns to make three night landings before switching seats with another club member, and so on. We switch seats on the ground, of course. This satisfies our recency requirements for legal reasons, the club puts on a dinner and so it becomes a social event, too.

I was a bit nervous before I went out that I wouldn't remember everything, but it all felt very natural, although my instrument scan was slow and haphazard, which I will work on.

2 Comments:

At 2:18 pm, Blogger Wilko said...

It does feel good to be in the air regularly after the winter hiatus for us in the Northern latitudes as well. Chicago winters aren't meant for flying. Deicing and preflight out doors takes some of the fun out.
Night proficiency is the same in the US-three take offs and landings to a full stop. Nothing better than being 3'000 feet during a summer's eve.

 
At 6:21 pm, Blogger Julien said...

Hi Chris,

I did night circuits for the first time on the same night at SFC! We were in two different aircraft obviously. On my second circuit we were denied a third one because of the usual Bank Run kicking in, so we went to Camden which was a lot quieter.

I haven't blogged about it yet, need to do that soon. I like to decorate my blog posts with pictures, but I have to admit taking photos at night using a point-and-shoot digital camera just does not work.

Keep up the blogging, hopefully we'll run into each-other one of those days at the club!

Cheers,
Julien.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home