Friday, October 20, 2006

Hitting the roof over jet's dropped bolt

Turns out the bolt came from a passing Singapore Airlines 747, have have since admitted culpability, their insurers doing that thing they actually get paid for, and agreeing to compensate the rained upon party from Five Dock.

Could be worse though. I remember when a friend of mine lost the door off his aircraft. It happened over a popular area, if you can call Revesby popular, but no one ever complained.

"Bankstown tower, alpha bravo charlie, reporting our door is missing."
"Alpha bravo charlie, your door is open?"
"Negative, door is missing. It fell off."

That door never did turn up.

I had a cargo door open in flight once, but I didn't even know about it until the tower told me while I was on short final. I had no spare brain cells left to process that information, so I simply said, "copied." Once I was taxying back in I was certain the toolbox had fallen out and flattened some poor grandma, but no, it was safe and sound.

I also seem to remember a 500lb practice bomb falling off a military aircraft near Darwin airport, but I don't remember anyone owning up to it. I don't blame them.

5 Comments:

At 9:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris

Thsi bolt fell on my mates place in fivedock. Just off great north rd & Lyons Rd. Said that Singapore airlines will be over during this week to inspect the damage & arrange compensation.

David

 
At 9:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris

This bolt fell on my mates place in fivedock. Just off great north rd & Lyons Rd. Said that Singapore airlines will be over during this week to inspect the damage & arrange compensation.

David

 
At 11:39 pm, Blogger Chris said...

Singapore Airlines just called - they want their bolt back.

 
At 9:44 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Blue bird is only flight school in world which converts philipino pilot license into transport CANADA pilot license.
cheapest flight training school

 
At 7:27 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

converts philipino pilot license into transport visit ...cheapest flight training school

 

Post a Comment

<< Home