Saturday, February 12, 2005

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/02/11/1108061869768.html I've never read a more one-sided, pointed, skewed, distorted, biased perverted load of propaganda in my life. They are clearly attempting to win the Miles Franklin fiction award. I'm totally sympathetic to a poor woman with a mental disorder, but when someone claims to be an illegal alien and skips town before the cops show up, isn't that a pretty good reason to suspect that the person, is, indeed, an illegal alien?

Fact; the Queensland state government authorities failed to properly recognise and diagnose a person with a severe mental illness.

Fact; They had this person in their care for six months and declared her mentally fit, then handed her over to DIMIA as an illegal immigrant.

Fact; The German government then failed to identify one of their own citizens.

These three facts are entirely glossed over in...oh, forget it. Why do I ever get surprised at the twaddle left-wing Australian journalists continue to crank out?

2 Comments:

At 10:06 pm, Blogger BrigadierSlog said...

Oh flight-trained one, your points are all well made but there is one point more to be considered.

If either you or I had been handed over to the authorities after informing them that we were illegal German Immigrants we WOULDN'T have wound up in Baxter Detention Centre. The difference is of course that Ms Rau has a German accent (although after being here 38 something years I cant imagine there would be much of an accent). Once hearing the accent she was shipped off.

 
At 6:57 pm, Blogger Chris said...

Ah, I see what you are saying. I think we probably would have ended up in Villawood, though.

My main gripe was a lack of balance. I would have thought the fact that the Premier of Queensland apologised for her treatment would be a significant fact that should have been included. It wasn't, and the only reason I can think that it wasn't was that the Premier of Queensland is a Labor politician.

Just my opinion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home