Saturday, November 06, 2010

Vietnam Holiday Five

Got up nice and early for a jog along the beach. I still feel like I'm on Sydney time here and being close to the equator it gets dark relatively early. Very interesting to see do many locals jogging, doing calisthenics or playing badminton alongside the beach. Passed a platoon of Vietnamese soldiers armed with shovels off to clean up the beach after the fierce storms. Every one of the insisted on shouting hello at me ad try passed with me sweaty and exhausted after a 30 min jog. Back to the hotel to enjoy the buffet breakfast and then an extended session in the pool, rebelling in the decadence of poolside service. Tired by our exertions back to the room for a nap.
My wife has a habit of mistiming her run. We strolled down to the Sailing Club which is almost a Nha Trang institution by now. Opened back in the 90s by an Australian with local help it's an incredibly classy, cheap and laid back beach side pub and a compulsory visit. We started drinking and eating dinner early, 4 o'clock while the staff set up a stage on the beach beside us in preparation for a beach party. Kirrily pointed out we should be getting back to the hotel as it was getting dark, I pointed out it was five thirty. We stayed as I finished my beer, while Kirrily struggled to finish the 'jam jar' of vodka and pineapple juice. Highly recommended, cheap and very strong. Back to the hotel again we passed out for the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home