Sunday, March 11, 2012

Vale Lex

I just found out that a fellow aviator, blogger, and friend of mine Neptunus Lex, the nom de guerre of Captain Carroll LeFon USN (Ret.) went west for the last time.

The Secretary of the US Navy himself, along with scores of others who knew and admired him have paid tribute here http://blog.usni.org/2012/03/07/pardon-him-theodotus-neptunus-lex-carroll-lefon/

I first found his blog whilst looking up the origin of different pilot callsigns. If you're wondering why his callsign was "Lex", he tells the story much better than I can here. That post was almost ten years ago, and I remember it wasn't that old when I read it. I was learning to fly, and learning to blog myself, and what Lex didn't know about both wasn't worth knowing.

I made it a ritual of mine to check his blog at least once a week to catch up on his latest activities. I know I will miss that, and so will a lot of others.

Sorely missed. Farewell Lex.

3 Comments:

At 2:14 am, Anonymous sewa mobil jakarta said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.

 
At 9:43 pm, Anonymous cheapest flight training school said...

Instrument training received from a non-rated instructor can cause problems when it comes to meeting FAA requirements.
cheapest flight training school

 
At 2:45 pm, Anonymous air taxi said...

The best way to get to know Buenos Aires is to walk it around. Don't be afraid to get in touch with the people, they a friendly and helpful. Buenos Aires is an amazing city, full of contrast. No wonder so many people are choosing to live in Buenos Aires. Here is some useful information for the visitor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home