Thursday, July 26, 2007

As much as I dream about owning a Javelin or a Replica Spitfire, I think I've finally found a fantastic aircraft I can nearly afford.



The Cessna 162 Skycatcher. Skycatcher? Sure, whatever. The 21st Century replacement for the Cessna 152, aviations equivalent of the Volkswagen Beetle. I think almost every civilian pilot since 1960 has some time in a 150/152. Personally, I love the little things. A Texas Taildragger conversion of an Aerobat with long-range tanks and a 160HP engine is my idea of fun. But I think I can accommodate a C162 instead. The name has GOT to go, though.

Now, has anyone got a spare $110,000?

2 Comments:

At 4:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's got the Cessna name so it's certain to sell. But a LSA (by RA-Aus standards) it ain't. And once it gets here F&I, margins and the exchange rate will make it nearer to Aus$200k I think.

 
At 4:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to bite my tounge: it weighs in at 1,320 lb (599 kg)so it does fit in with our LSA regs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home