Thursday, July 07, 2005

I've got a new car - a Volkswagen Golf. Bloody nice it is. It's the first new car I've ever owned - and probably the last. Not because I didn't enjoy the experience, just because I'm unlikely to ever be in the financial position to afford another one.

Nice, huh?

It's the little things like this that surprise and delight.

Here I am signing my life away.

The last time the odometer will be in double figures.

Here I am coming to grips with the ignition, almost overcome by the heady waft of New Car Smell. Note also Kirrily has already marked her seat with a diet coke with lime, her signature beverage.

Here I am smiling fakely for the camera. I know I was impressed, but what the hell are these blokes doing?

One thing that helped convinced me to select a VW Golf in the first place was the engine bay - so orderly, so logical, so elegant, so teutonic.

And the interior - functional, comfortable, logical and pockets everywhere - just like me.

And not a bad backside, either. The car I mean.

1 Comments:

At 10:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice car mate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home